I sprinkle a tempting topping of cinnamon, sugar and walnuts on these moist muffins. They're best served warm from the oven.—Beth Struble, Bryan, Ohio
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the oat bran, flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, applesauce, oil and milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins.
- Fill muffin cups coated with cooking spray three-fourths full. Combine the walnuts, cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing form pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Applesauce Oat Bran Muffins in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p59
Reviews for Applesauce Oat Bran Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2010
"Trying to use up my oat bran bought for another recipe I came across this. It is really tasty for a morning muffin and coffee. I also added mini chocolate chips for my extra sweet tooth!!"