I sprinkle a tempting topping of cinnamon, sugar and walnuts on these moist muffins. They're best served warm from the oven.—Beth Struble, Bryan, Ohio
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the oat bran, flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, applesauce, oil and milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins.
- Fill muffin cups coated with cooking spray three-fourths full. Combine the walnuts, cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing form pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Applesauce Oat Bran Muffins in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p59
Reviews for Applesauce Oat Bran Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2010
"Trying to use up my oat bran bought for another recipe I came across this. It is really tasty for a morning muffin and coffee. I also added mini chocolate chips for my extra sweet tooth!!"