- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups applesauce
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Cinnamon-sugar, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Stir in applesauce. Combine the flour, baking soda and spices; stir into creamed mixture. Fold in nuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar if desired. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Applesauce Muffins
Sort By :
I thought these were yummy! I added one chopped Granny Smith apple but would add 2 chopped apples next time. I am not a great baker but didn't have any trouble with these
These turned out sooo good! I just added about half of the ground cloves....not as crazy about the clove taste in baking. And I added raisins...I DO like those! I might have preferred a little less sugar, but they are moist and really tasty!
Just one suggestion - can you add size of muffins - minis, large, super larger? Then I know how much to make for my guests. Thank you!
Even my picky eater liked these!
These are very good and very versitile. I served beef stew and applesauce muffins for dinner. Then, the next day, I served the muffins for breakfast with apple butter.