These are such a popular item at the restaurant I own that I had it printed up on a card to share with guests.—Linda Williams, LaFayette, Alabama
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups applesauce
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Cinnamon-sugar, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir in applesauce. Combine the flour, baking soda and spices; stir
- into creamed mixture. Fold in nuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Sprinkle
- with cinnamon-sugar if desired. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 223 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium,