Applesauce Muffins Recipe
These are such a popular item at the restaurant I own that I had it printed up on a card to share with guests.—Linda Williams, LaFayette, Alabama
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups applesauce
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Cinnamon-sugar, optional
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Stir in applesauce. Combine the flour, baking soda and spices; stir into creamed mixture. Fold in nuts.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar if desired. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 223 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC