- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups applesauce
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Cinnamon-sugar, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Stir in applesauce. Combine the flour, baking soda and spices; stir into creamed mixture. Fold in nuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar if desired. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Applesauce Muffins
Sort By :
"Excellent muffins - followed directions exactly but only made 1/2 the recipe as it is only my husband and me. Will definitely make again."
"Good. I adjusted for altitude by taking out some of butter and sugar. Tasty!"
"Made these and my mother in law loved them. Before baking, I added a bit of honey and coarse sugar on top. They were all gone in 2 days. Her 2 sons and i helped though."
"These turned out delicious! My boyfriend and I enjoyed them right out of the oven for breakfast.I made a few substitutions based on what I had:- I ran just short of Apple sauce, so I topped up with maple syrup.- used brown sugar instead of white.- did not use cloves or walnuts based on preference.- didn't have all spice so used pumpkin pie spice.- sprinkled sugar/cinnamon on the top before baking plus some mini skor pieces just becauseNext time I will try adding real Apple chunks in them as well, but didn't have on hand."