"Slices of this moist old-fashioned cake hold up well in a lunch bag," assures Pamela Kelley of Downey, California.
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Add to applesauce mixture; mix well. Stir in the raisins and walnuts. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Applesauce Loaf Cake in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p54
Reviews for Applesauce Loaf Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review