Applesauce-Glazed Pork Chops
These tasty, tender chops are glazed with a sweet, smoky, apple-flavored sauce. They’re on the table in no time at all, so they’re perfect for hectic weeknights.
Brenda Campbell - Olympia, Washington
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place pork chops in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; spoon
- over chops.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 1/3 cup sauce equals 291 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 442 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer