- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place pork chops in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Mix remaining ingredients; spoon over chops.
- Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 145°, 20-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Applesauce-Glazed Pork Chops
"Full of flavor"
""Good stuff!"<------ a direct quote from my husband. This one's a keeper. I cut the recipe in half for the two of us. I also added about ten minutes to the cooking time since my chops were at least an inch thick."
"It was good I added ginger and cinnamon to the sauce with a side of broccoli the husband loved it"
"I quadrupled the glaze. My chops were frozen and about 3/4" thick so took them about 1hr. So delicious. I also took them out every 20mins to rotate because I had them in 9x9 baking dishes, but I'd follow the recipe if I had the bigger dish and thinner chops. THANKS!!!"
"Murraymob@comcast.net made this tonight with home made applesauce. My family loved the flavor and very moist chops. Next time i I will have to double the recipe."