Applesauce Gelatin Squares
"I make this attractive soft-set salad during the holidays and garnish it with ranch dressing that's tinted green," relates Judy Ernst of Montague, Michigan. "Or spoon on a dollop of whipped topping for a light sweet dessert anytime."
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 4 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free raspberry gelatin or flavor of your choice
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 jar (46 ounces) unsweetened applesauce
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water and
- applesauce. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking
- spray. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cut into squares.
- Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 42 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.