These non-edible, cinnamon ornaments on the evergreen add a lovely scent to your home during the holidays.
- 1 cup applesauce
- Approximately 3/4 cup ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- Green or red heavy thread
- Straw or wooden skewer
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce and spices; mix well until a stiff dough forms, adding additional cinnamon if needed.
- On a board dusted with additional cinnamon, roll out each portion of dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into shapes using 1-1/2-in. cookie cutters dipped in cinnamon. Reroll scraps. Place cutouts on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Using a straw or wooden skewer, make a small hole in the top of each of the ornaments.
- Bake at 200° for 20 to 30 minutes. Remove to paper towels to dry thoroughly. When completely dry and cool, string a ribbon strip or piece of thread through each hole; tie the ends together to for a loop. Yield: about 60 (1-1/2 inch) ornaments.
Originally published as Applesauce Cinnamon Ornaments in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007
Reviews for Applesauce Cinnamon Ornaments
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review