- 1 cup applesauce
- Approximately 3/4 cup ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- Green or red heavy thread
- Straw or wooden skewer
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce and spices; mix well until a stiff dough forms, adding additional cinnamon if needed.
- On a board dusted with additional cinnamon, roll out each portion of dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into shapes using 1-1/2-in. cookie cutters dipped in cinnamon. Reroll scraps. Place cutouts on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Using a straw or wooden skewer, make a small hole in the top of each of the ornaments.
- Bake at 200° for 20 to 30 minutes. Remove to paper towels to dry thoroughly. When completely dry and cool, string a ribbon strip or piece of thread through each hole; tie the ends together to for a loop. Yield: about 60 (1-1/2 inch) ornaments.
Originally published as Applesauce Cinnamon Ornaments in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007
Reviews for Applesauce Cinnamon Ornaments
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2011
"I have made these twice with my kids they love to make them and we put glitter glue on them for some sparkle. They make great gifts and your house smells great for a few days! We are going to make them next year too!"