This old-fashioned roll is pretty for parties and great for gifts, but it's also a real treat for a coffee break.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Combine flour, cinnamon and cloves. Add to eggs along with sugar; mix well. Add applesauce. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with waxed paper, and grease and flour the paper. Pour batter into pan. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Turn out onto a linen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Peel off paper and roll cake up in towel. Let cool. Meanwhile, for filling, beat cream cheese, milk and sugar in a small bowl. Stir in raisins. Unroll cake; spread filling to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up again. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Refrigerate until serving time. Cut into 1-in. slices. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Applesauce Cake Roll in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p16
Reviews for Applesauce Cake Roll
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review