These moist, cinnamon-flavored brownies are quite easy to make. The recipe can also be doubled and baked in a jelly roll pan. My husband and I live on a farm in central Nebraska and have two grown daughters.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Combine the
- flour, cocoa, baking soda and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed
- mixture and mix well. Stir in applesauce. Pour into an 8-in. square
- baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350°
- for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 16 brownies.
Nutritional Facts: 1 brownie equals 154 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium,