Applesauce Brownies Recipe
These moist, cinnamon-flavored brownies are quite easy to make. The recipe can also be doubled and baked in a jelly roll pan. My husband and I live on a farm in central Nebraska and have two grown daughters.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in applesauce. Pour into an 8-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 16 brownies.
1 brownie equals 154 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC