Applesauce Bars Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, applesauce and oil until well blended. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, nutmeg and cloves; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in raisins.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, beat the confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and enough milk to achieve a glaze consistency. Spread over warm bars. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 20 bars.
Originally published as Applesauce Bars in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p51
Reviews for Applesauce Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review