- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup chunky applesauce
- 2/3 cup spicy barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. Cover and cook 7-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Freeze option: Cool chicken; transfer to a freezer container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Applesauce Barbecue Chicken
Sort By :
"This is one of my family's favorite recipes. I love it because it comes together quickly and that you can change it up depending on your family. I typically use a barbeque sauce with a little more spice to it and I stead of chunky applesauce, I use whatever I have in the house. Either way, it's turned out well every time I've made it and both kids and adults have enjoyed it. Definitely in my rotation."
"Absolutely delicious!!! So easy to make!"
"Really good and so easy. Will definitely make this one again."
"Very good, just to sweet.I'll leave out the sugar next time."
"This is wonderful, I made it for my Son's friends birthday and everyone just raved about it. The recipe is so easy to make and it looks and tastes like you spent all day on it. I used a smoky BBQ sauce and it was good but I think I will try a different one next time. I used chicken thighs because I was having so many people over and it was more economical, it was still really good. Thank you for submitting this recipe it is a keeper."