- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup chunky applesauce
- 2/3 cup spicy barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. Cover and cook 7-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Applesauce Barbecue Chicken
Sort By :
Easy to do taste great together will make it again
Quick and easy dinner! The applesauce compliments the bbq sauce and goes well with a potato side dish.
I made this last night, and we really enjoyed this recipe! I used no-sugar applesauce (the non-chunky kind), and Sweet Baby Ray's Original BBQ Sauce. We don't like things very spicy, so I only added 1/4 tsp chili powder. I also browned it on the stove, and baked it in the oven at 350 for about 20-25 minutes, as some other reviewers did. I shredded the remaining chicken breasts last night in the sauce, and am making pulled bbq chicken sandwiches tonight. I'll be making this again!
A little too tangy for my taste.
I made this for the first time tonight , I didn't have chunky applesauce but it still turned out good using regular applesauce.
I think I will try to make it again sometime when I have the right kind of applesauce.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- BBQ Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >