Applesauce Barbecue Chicken
You only need a few ingredients to create this sweet and peppery chicken. The subtle flavor of apple makes this tender barbecue dish stand out from the rest. Darla Andrews - Farmers Branch, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup chunky applesauce
- 2/3 cup spicy barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in
- oil on both sides. In a small bowl, combine the remaining
- ingredients; pour over chicken. Cover and cook 7-10 minutes longer
- or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1/3 cup sauce equals 308 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 473 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.