- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup chunky applesauce
- 2/3 cup spicy barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. Cover and cook 7-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Applesauce Barbecue Chicken
Sort By :
"Absolutely delicious!!! So easy to make!"
"Really good and so easy. Will definitely make this one again."
"Very good, just to sweet.I'll leave out the sugar next time."
"This is wonderful, I made it for my Son's friends birthday and everyone just raved about it. The recipe is so easy to make and it looks and tastes like you spent all day on it. I used a smoky BBQ sauce and it was good but I think I will try a different one next time. I used chicken thighs because I was having so many people over and it was more economical, it was still really good. Thank you for submitting this recipe it is a keeper."
"We did this in oven like others reviewed, and it turned out great! Quick and super easy! Love this recipe!!"