- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup chunky applesauce
- 2/3 cup spicy barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. Cover and cook 7-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Applesauce Barbecue Chicken
Sort By :
We did this in oven like others reviewed, and it turned out great! Quick and super easy! Love this recipe!!
The sauce had a nice taste, the kids enjoyed it.
It has a wonderful taste, my husband and son loved it!
Easy to do taste great together will make it again
Quick and easy dinner! The applesauce compliments the bbq sauce and goes well with a potato side dish.