Apples with Red Cabbage Recipe
- 1 to 2-1/2 pounds medium head red cabbage, shredded
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3 large tart apples, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. Place cabbage in a large saucepan; add boiling water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Add apples; cook 10 minutes or until tender. Add remaining ingredients and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 170 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 856 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Apples with Red Cabbage
"This was really good. And it looks beautiful! I suppose its not for everyone though. If you like sauerkraut you'll like this. I added a little extra sugar."
"Added more vinegar and granulated sugar"