Apples 'n' Cream Pancake Recipe
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced unpeeled apples
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small bowl, combine milk, eggs, flour and salt. Beat until smooth. Heat a cast-iron or ovenproof skillet in at 450° oven until hot. Add butter to the skillet; spread over entire bottom. Pour in batter; bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine sugar and cream cheese. Blend in sour cream and vanilla. Fill pancake with 3/4 cup cream cheese mixture and top with apples. Spread remaining cream cheese mixture over apples and sprinkle with nuts. Cut into wedges and serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 piece: 265 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Apples 'n' Cream Pancake
"Oh, why this recipe is just wonderness. At the end, when all them snacks is fancied, I add a little heavy wippy cream on the top; only haff a carton, but it atts this spongy yum to it!"
"Great recipe! It was a big hit! Easy to make and very tasty. A great change of pace for breakfast but not for those who are watching their diet. I will definitely be making this again and will use it when company stays over."