Apples 'n' Cream Pancake Recipe
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced unpeeled apples
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small bowl, combine milk, eggs, flour and salt. Beat until smooth. Heat a cast-iron or ovenproof skillet in at 450° oven until hot. Add butter to the skillet; spread over entire bottom. Pour in batter; bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine sugar and cream cheese. Blend in sour cream and vanilla. Fill pancake with 3/4 cup cream cheese mixture and top with apples. Spread remaining cream cheese mixture over apples and sprinkle with nuts. Cut into wedges and serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 piece: 265 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Apples 'n' Cream Pancake
"Oh, why this recipe is just wonderness. At the end, when all them snacks is fancied, I add a little heavy wippy cream on the top; only haff a carton, but it atts this spongy yum to it!"
"Great recipe! It was a big hit! Easy to make and very tasty. A great change of pace for breakfast but not for those who are watching their diet. I will definitely be making this again and will use it when company stays over."