Apples 'n' Cream Pancake Recipe
This recipe is delicious for breakfast or brunch. I usually make a double batch - because everyone wants more! With our own orchard, we have plenty of Delicious and Winesap apples...they make this a true Midwestern meal.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced unpeeled apples
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small bowl, combine milk, eggs, flour and salt. Beat until smooth. Heat a cast-iron or ovenproof skillet in at 450° oven until hot. Add butter to the skillet; spread over entire bottom. Pour in batter; bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine sugar and cream cheese. Blend in sour cream and vanilla. Fill pancake with 3/4 cup cream cheese mixture and top with apples. Spread remaining cream cheese mixture over apples and sprinkle with nuts. Cut into wedges and serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 265 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Apples 'n' Cream Pancake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC