I save time, use less oil and have moister results when I add jars of baby food fruit to my quick breads. This recipe is a big help if company is coming and you want to make bread for dinner or to have with coffee. —JoAnn Lee of Accord, New York
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) diced apple baby food
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Dash ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Drain apples, reserving juice. In another bowl, whisk the egg, oil and reserved juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in zucchini and apples until moistened.
- Pour into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Apple Zucchini Loaf in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p27
Reviews for Apple Zucchini Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review