- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) diced apple baby food
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Dash ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Drain apples, reserving juice. In another bowl, whisk the egg, oil and reserved juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in zucchini and apples until moistened.
- Pour into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews for Apple Zucchini Loaf
"Good and moist. Used mostly whole wheat flour and also cut down sugar as recommended. Will make again."
"Best bread ever instead of coconut I just add walnuts"
"Easy to make and delicious. Followed reviewer?s suggestion, I used ½ cup apple sauce and less sugar. Friends and family loved it and asked for more. It?s a keeper."
"Love the topping! Used coconut butter for top instead of butter and flax meal to replace the egg. Applesauce really makes it moist. My husband ate 3/4 of it throughout the morning! I used 1 1/2 cup oat flour, 1/2 cup pastry flour, and 1 cup brown rice flour. I doubled the recipe but still only added the 1 cup sugar. It didn't need any more than that. :)"
"I used applesauce in place of the baby food and pecans in place of the coconut in the topping. Turned out very nice."
"Loved this recipie! I also added applesauce instead of baby food apples."
"Hey I was just wondering if anyone knows if this freezes well?"
"Sorry...my comment should have said 4 1/2 ounces of finely chopped apples not 450."
"This recipe is outstanding. I'm going to experiment with it to reduce/replace the unhealthy white stuff (sugar/flour) but it's not going to be easy as this has become a family favorite and is high demand. Unless you are eating it yourself, double the recipe because it doesn't last long and you'll be grating the zucchini once more. I couldn't find the babyfood diced apples so I chop 450 oz. of apples and add 1/3 cup juice, applesauce, or cider per loaf."