Apple Zucchini Loaf Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) diced apple baby food
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Dash ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Drain apples, reserving juice. In another bowl, whisk the egg, oil and reserved juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in zucchini and apples until moistened.
- Pour into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews for Apple Zucchini Loaf
Sort By :
Easy to make and delicious. Followed reviewer?s suggestion, I used ½ cup apple sauce and less sugar. Friends and family loved it and asked for more. It?s a keeper.
Love the topping! Used coconut butter for top instead of butter and flax meal to replace the egg. Applesauce really makes it moist. My husband ate 3/4 of it throughout the morning! I used 1 1/2 cup oat flour, 1/2 cup pastry flour, and 1 cup brown rice flour. I doubled the recipe but still only added the 1 cup sugar. It didn't need any more than that. :)
I couldn't find the diced apples baby food so I used 1/2 c lite apple pie filling instead. It turned out very moist. I love the topping, adds extra special goodness to an already delicious bread.
I used applesauce in place of the baby food and pecans in place of the coconut in the topping. Turned out very nice.
Loved this recipie! I also added applesauce instead of baby food apples.