Apple Zucchini Loaf Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) diced apple baby food
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Drain apples, reserving juice. In another bowl, whisk the egg, oil and reserved juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in zucchini and apples until moistened.
- 2. Pour into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice: 193 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Apple Zucchini Loaf
"Good and moist. Used mostly whole wheat flour and also cut down sugar as recommended. Will make again."
"Best bread ever instead of coconut I just add walnuts"
"Easy to make and delicious. Followed reviewer?s suggestion, I used ½ cup apple sauce and less sugar. Friends and family loved it and asked for more. It?s a keeper."
"Love the topping! Used coconut butter for top instead of butter and flax meal to replace the egg. Applesauce really makes it moist. My husband ate 3/4 of it throughout the morning! I used 1 1/2 cup oat flour, 1/2 cup pastry flour, and 1 cup brown rice flour. I doubled the recipe but still only added the 1 cup sugar. It didn't need any more than that. :)"
"I used applesauce in place of the baby food and pecans in place of the coconut in the topping. Turned out very nice."
"Loved this recipie! I also added applesauce instead of baby food apples."
"Hey I was just wondering if anyone knows if this freezes well?"
"Sorry...my comment should have said 4 1/2 ounces of finely chopped apples not 450."
"This recipe is outstanding. I'm going to experiment with it to reduce/replace the unhealthy white stuff (sugar/flour) but it's not going to be easy as this has become a family favorite and is high demand. Unless you are eating it yourself, double the recipe because it doesn't last long and you'll be grating the zucchini once more. I couldn't find the babyfood diced apples so I chop 450 oz. of apples and add 1/3 cup juice, applesauce, or cider per loaf."
"Delicious I added regular applesauce it is the best!!! Thanks! MarvaP"
"Great Loaf! Used regular applesauce from a jar."
"It was so delicious it was all gone in one sitting"
"This is a wonderful recipe -- I loved the low oil content and the diced apples made it perfectly moist. The topping is simply out of this world! I would most definitely make it again. Thanks for sharing!"
"I made this for the first time this past weekend and my husband and I hated having to share it with the rest of the family it was so good. Making it again this weekend, only I'm going to make 2 this time."
"I thought this was very good. I also did not have the baby food so I used applesauce."
"Great recipe. I used 1 med apple and 1/2 cup applesauce in place of the baby food. Excellent - very moist."
"I replaced 3/4 c of flour with 3/4 c oatmeal, used Splenda for baking instead of sugar. Turned out delicious and more fiber and only sugar is in the topping. Very good and healthier."
"also, i did not use baby food. i used a real apple and some apple cider to make it moister."
"very good and tricked my picky 3 year old into eating veggis. however, i tried to make them into muffins and they stuck to the muffin liners!"