- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup shredded peeled apples
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs. Add oil, sugars and vanilla. Pour over dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in zucchini, apples and pecans (batter will be stiff). Spoon into three greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until done. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 3 loaves.
Reviews for Apple Zucchini Bread
"love this recipe have made it many times, so many fruits you can add for an additional flavor."
"Awesome just the way the recipe is stated!"
"The bread tasted wonderful. The whole family loved it. DH took some to work, and someone requested the recipe. It was a big hit. The inside was moist, and the outside was nice and crunchy. Mmmmm"
"The bread stayed nice and moist. Everyone loved it!"
"This bread was too heavy. Too much oil."
"Omitted nuts and used cinnamon chips. Peeled the zucchini and squeezed out most of the liquid. Sprinkle of raw sugar on top for a nice sparkle and crunch. I had to increase the baking time by about 10 minutes."
"wow and yum! I read the reviews and did reduce the sugar by 1/2 cup and also used half oil, half apple sauce and used 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. I also used egg beaters (cholesterol issues) and added another cup of zucchini. I needed to increase the bake time by 5 minutes but this is a delicious recipe"
"This is my favorite recipe for Apple Zucchini Bread. I also cut the amount of the sugars in half. I also added Craisins and walnuts. I give these loaves out to my neighbors for Christmas and they love them."
"This was a real hit with my family. We all loved it."
"Can i use Apple sauce instead of shredded apple? (apples aren't yet in season but i can't keep up w/ the summer squash lol)"