Apple Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup shredded peeled apples
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs. Add oil, sugars and vanilla. Pour over dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in zucchini, apples and pecans (batter will be stiff). Spoon into three greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until done. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 3 loaves.
Reviews for Apple Zucchini Bread
Sort By :
A very good bread-moist and full of flavor. Since I had made so much of my own applesauce, I substituted my applesauce for the oil at a 1:1 ratio!
I just made this recipe and it turned out yummy! I only used 1 cup of sugar and 3/4 cup brown sugar and could probably use less next time. I also used 2 cups whole wheat flour and 2 cups white flour. I made a loaf and a bunch of mini muffins and they turned great. My picky 4 year old just gobbled one up.
I would add some more cinnamon and nutmeg and maybe a little cloves
Love this bread.
I made this today and thought it was very good, I loved the added apples! I will be making this again with zucchini from my garden and will be freezing some loaves for the coming winter months! Thanks for this recipe!