Apple Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup shredded peeled apples
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs. Add oil, sugars and vanilla. Pour over dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in zucchini, apples and pecans (batter will be stiff). Spoon into three greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until done. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 3 loaves.
Reviews for Apple Zucchini Bread
Sort By :
Yummy and easy!
It was good, but I found it a bit too sweet for my taste. I wonder if it would be okay to reduce the sugar. I used the applesauce in place of the vegetable oil. That was a good idea.
I made this recipe with a few adjustments. I used applesauce in place of the vegetable oil (no veggie oil in the pantry but applesauce is an equal ratio substitution), 2 c. wheat & 2 c. all purpose flour (because that's what I had on hand), 2 tsp. of cinnamon, 1 tsp. nutmeg (although this may have been too much me thinks), 2 apples (peeled, cored & shredded), omitted the pecans and baked for 60 mins. in a convection oven set at 325°F. Turned out very moist and tasty! Prepared this in 3 loaf pans and was the perfect amount of batter. Sending the hubby to work with a couple loaves to share.
Granny Smith or Golden Delicious apple always do well for baking. Jonagolds are pretty good too because of the bite the Jonathan gives to the Golden Delicious.
excellent, my favorite zucchini recipe