Apple Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup shredded peeled apples
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs. Add oil, sugars and vanilla. Pour over dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in zucchini, apples and pecans (batter will be stiff). Spoon into three greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until done. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 3 loaves.
Reviews for Apple Zucchini Bread(28)
Sort By :
Fabulous! I did leave out the nuts... Even my pickiest 8 year old son liked it.
This was a big hit with my family and friends, definitely a keeper. Will be making this again.
Could someone please tell me what apples are the best to use for this recipe. Would love to try it soon.
This bread has wonderful flavor! When zucchini is plentiful in gardens and everyone is giving it away, we all look for new ways to use it....add this to your recipe box!
Good recipe, next time I will add more apple and cinnamon to the recipe. Nice crust, moist inside. Baked yesterday 16 loaves of zucchini bread (several different recipes). Put 13 loaves in the freezer.
P.S. The batter was not stiff, was just a nice zucchini bread batter.