- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup shredded peeled apples
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs. Add oil, sugars and vanilla. Pour over dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in zucchini, apples and pecans (batter will be stiff). Spoon into three greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until done. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 3 loaves.
Reviews for Apple Zucchini Bread
Sort By :
"Awesome just the way the recipe is stated!"
"The bread tasted wonderful. The whole family loved it. DH took some to work, and someone requested the recipe. It was a big hit. The inside was moist, and the outside was nice and crunchy. Mmmmm"
"The bread stayed nice and moist. Everyone loved it!"
"This bread was too heavy. Too much oil."
"Omitted nuts and used cinnamon chips. Peeled the zucchini and squeezed out most of the liquid. Sprinkle of raw sugar on top for a nice sparkle and crunch. I had to increase the baking time by about 10 minutes."