- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup shredded peeled apples
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs. Add oil, sugars and vanilla. Pour over dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in zucchini, apples and pecans (batter will be stiff). Spoon into three greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until done. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 3 loaves.
Reviews for Apple Zucchini Bread
Sort By :
"This was a real hit with my family. We all loved it."
"Can i use Apple sauce instead of shredded apple? (apples aren't yet in season but i can't keep up w/ the summer squash lol)"
"I made this bread today, and I loved it. Very moist. I decrease the brown sugar by 1/2 cup and next time I will use 1/2 wheat flour. It made 3 loaves. I always like to make a recipe just like it was printed, then I change it. But I knew I could reduce the sugar. I used walnuts and pecans. It is so good."
"Super yummy. It was a big hit. Thank you for sharing!"
"Very good. I did use 1 cup applesauce and 1/2 cup oil for the 1 1/2 cup vegetable oil. I also decreased the sugar to 1.5 cups. It was still plenty sweet. Divided batter between 2 9x5 bread pans. They were done between the same 50-55 minutes, but I thought it would take longer."