Apple Zucchini Bread
Since apples and zucchini are so abundant in this area, it's only natural that the two be used together in one recipe. I really don't know the origin of this bread, but I do know it's been one of my favorites for many years.
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup shredded peeled apples
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and
- salt. In another bowl, beat eggs. Add oil, sugars and vanilla. Pour
- over dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in zucchini, apples and pecans
- (batter will be stiff). Spoon into three greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf
- pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until done. Cool in pans
- for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Yield: 3 loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 185 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium,