Apple Yogurt Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 small tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins, optional
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Combine the yogurt, egg, oil and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in apple and raisins if desired (batter will be thick). Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 2. For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 201 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Apple Yogurt Muffins
"Good healthy muffin."