- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 small tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins, optional
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Combine the yogurt, egg, oil and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in apple and raisins if desired (batter will be thick). Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Apple Yogurt Muffins in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p49