Apple Yeast Bread Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup shortening
- Pour butter into a 9-in. square baking pan. Mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Arrange apple slices in pan. Sprinkle with raisins.
- In a bowl, combine yeast, water, sugar, salt and 1 cup flour; beat for 1-2 minutes. Add egg, shortening and remaining flour. Beat for 1 minute. Drop dough by spoonfuls over apples. Cover and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until done. Invert pan on a serving platter. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Apple Yeast Bread(1)
Sort By :
I needed something for a harvest gathering. This fit the bill nicely.
I ended up cutting the apples in round slices. When mine was done it looked deceptively like pineapple upside-down cake. The taste was good and not overwhelmingly sweet like pinapple upside-down.
This recipe is great! I did add some nutmeg to mine though.
I'm gluten free but I had to try it anyway. I'll be looking for a way to make this with gluten free ingredients. Will definitely make again.