Apple Wonton Bundles
When preparing fondue for the main meal, don't forget to have a fondue dessert as well. These deliciously different treats taste just like caramel apples.
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled
- 64 wonton wrappers
- 2 to 3 cups canola oil
- 1 jar (12 ounces) caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- Cut each apple into four wedges; cut wedges into four pieces. Place a
- piece of apple in the center of each wonton wrapper. Brush edges of
- wrapper with water and bring up around apple; pinch to seal. Cover
- with plastic wrap until ready to cook.
- Heat oil in a fondue pot to 375°. Use fondue forks to cook wonton
- bundles until golden brown (about 1 minute). Cool slightly. Serve
- with caramel topping. Yield: 64 bundles.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 each) equals 403 calories, 28 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now