Apple Wheat Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup wheat bran
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup grated apple
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the egg, yogurt, applesauce and oil. Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened. Fold in the apple, raisins and orange peel.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
One muffin equals 159 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Apple Wheat Muffins
"Didn't have bran, so ground up some oatmeal, and added flax too. Added 1 egg white, and all Spenda. These are so tasty --and healty!"
"When I looked at how healthy the ingredients were, I thought I would try them as a way to be healthy. They were surprisingly tastey."
"i added grinder full of ground flax seed also"
"loved this recipe, changed it a bit, doubled cinnamon,doubled recipe and used 1/2 c of slenda instead of suger,added lots of berries fantastic"
"this recipe is good.but i tried this recipe also with soy vanilla yogurt instead of reduced fat vanilla yogurt and increase the grated apple to 1 and 1/2 cup grated apple and no raisins, came out very good and delicious."