Apple-Walnut Turkey Sandwiches
When you live where temperatures easily climb to 100° or more in the summer, you look for recipes that get you in and out of the kitchen in minutes. This luscious sandwich, with its cool Waldorf salad filling, is a breeze to prepare.
-Cathy Dobbins, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 3/4 pound sliced deli turkey
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, celery, raisins and walnuts.
- Stir in apple; set aside. Place turkey on four slices of bread. Top
- with apple mixture, lettuce and remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 663 calories, 42 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 1,655 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein.