Apple-Walnut Tossed Salad Recipe
“The pretty, flavorful cranberry dressing for this fall salad is also good for gift-giving,” suggests Mary LaJoie, of Glenoma, Washington, who shared the recipe.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 3 medium Red Delicious apples, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. For cranberry vinaigrette, combine the first seven ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- 2. Transfer to a serving dish. In a large bowl, toss the salad greens, apples and walnuts. Serve with vinaigrette. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 335 calories, 29 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 79 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC