- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 3 medium Red Delicious apples, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- For cranberry vinaigrette, combine the first seven ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Transfer to a serving dish. In a large bowl, toss the salad greens, apples and walnuts. Serve with vinaigrette. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Apple-Walnut Tossed Salad
"I have made this salad for several years now. The dressing is fabulous, in my humble opinion. I look forward to fresh cranberries in the fall so I can begin making this again."
"We keep coming back to this recipe every year. My kids LOVE this dressing."