Apple-Walnut Tossed Salad Recipe
“The pretty, flavorful cranberry dressing for this fall salad is also good for gift-giving,” suggests Mary LaJoie, of Glenoma, Washington, who shared the recipe.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 3 medium Red Delicious apples, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- For cranberry vinaigrette, combine the first seven ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Transfer to a serving dish. In a large bowl, toss the salad greens, apples and walnuts. Serve with vinaigrette. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Walnut Tossed Salad in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p9
Reviews for Apple-Walnut Tossed Salad(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2012
We keep coming back to this recipe every year. My kids LOVE this dressing.
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2011
This is an excellent salad...I also added freshly grilled chicken. The next time I made it (being from Michigan) substituted fresh cherries for the cranberries also good.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Apple Salad >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Salad Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >