“The pretty, flavorful cranberry dressing for this fall salad is also good for gift-giving,” suggests Mary LaJoie, of Glenoma, Washington, who shared the recipe.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 3 medium Red Delicious apples, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- For cranberry vinaigrette, combine the first seven ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Transfer to a serving dish. In a large bowl, toss the salad greens, apples and walnuts. Serve with vinaigrette. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Walnut Tossed Salad in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p9
Reviews for Apple-Walnut Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review