Apple Walnut Snack Cake Recipe
Our state has many outstanding apple orchards. I've tried many apple recipes and this is one of my favorites. It's great for company.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:16-20 servings
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Whipped topping, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in the apples and walnuts. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Cut into squares. Serve with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 225 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC