Apple Walnut Snack Cake Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Whipped topping, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in the apples and walnuts. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Cut into squares. Serve with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 piece: 225 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Apple Walnut Snack Cake
"I have had this recipe for quite some time & have placed it in one of my Crate-O'-Recipes which I have put it to use in the past! I plan to prepare it again today! I DID make adjustments to the recipe when I'd prepared it & I used 1 Tbsp. baking powder & I'm using 1 tsp. salt! I did omit the walnuts, though!removal of the baked cake! This recipe is definitely a keeper--I have proof from the oil stains on my recipe copy! Thank you for sharing this recipe! I made it this afternoon, using a 12x8" cake pan, greased and floured, since i didn't use any of the nuts! If I HAD put nuts in the cake, I'd probably use a greased and floured 13x9x2" baking pan! delowenstein"
"All I can say is YUM!!!"
"Excellent!!!! Everyone at work loved it!!!"
"Very moist and tasty. I'm making it again tonight with a different type of apple. I drizzled some glaze on top for appearance."