- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 4 to 5 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- In a large salad bowl, toss the cabbage, carrots, walnuts, raisins and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, buttermilk, sugar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Gently fold in apples. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Apple Walnut Slaw
Sort By :
"Great! Lots of eye appeal. I added a little celery. I'd make again. Janet"
"So easy, can have everything ready and make at the call . Very nice. Janet"
"This Recipe is delisous. I made it one year with my Christmas dinner and it is requested for every family function since. Thanks to the person who submitted this keeper."