Apple Walnut Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive or flaxseed oil
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 6 slices sweet onion, quartered
- 1 cup cubed Jarlsberg or Swiss cheese
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the honey, vinegar and oil; set aside. Just before serving, place romaine and spinach in a large bowl; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with toppings. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup dressing).
1 serving equals 227 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Apple Walnut Salad
"I served this at a family Christmas gathering for 14 people. Everyone loved it and I had to give the dressing recipe to several people. I could not find the pumpkin seeds and it was still really good. I would love to put those in next time."