The pumpkin seeds and homemade dressing make this salad so special—and healthy, too. Add leftover turkey and you’ve got a main-dish salad. —Bjorg Martin, Noblesville, Indiana
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive or flaxseed oil
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 6 slices sweet onion, quartered
- 1 cup cubed Jarlsberg or Swiss cheese
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the honey, vinegar and oil; set aside. Just before serving, place romaine and spinach in a large bowl; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with toppings. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup dressing).
Originally published as Apple Walnut Salad in Taste of Home December/January 2013, p47
Reviews for Apple Walnut Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2012
"I served this at a family Christmas gathering for 14 people. Everyone loved it and I had to give the dressing recipe to several people. I could not find the pumpkin seeds and it was still really good. I would love to put those in next time."