Apple Walnut Muffins Recipe
“A friend in New York gave me the recipe for these delightful muffins,” Margaret McNeil notes from Germantown, Tennessee. “They stay moist for days…if you have any left!”
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the apple and sugar; set aside. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the apple mixture, walnuts and raisins.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
1 muffin equals 272 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Apple Walnut Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC