- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- In a small bowl, combine the apple and sugar; set aside. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the apple mixture, walnuts and raisins.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Reviews for Apple Walnut Muffins
"I followed the recipe to the core. Only difference was, I baked them over 20 mins because they looked wet. Pulled them out when they looked dry and toothpick came out clean. Unfortunately they turned out soggy and taste awful.. Throwing out! Doesn't anyone here pretest the recipes before publishing?"
"I made these muffins today. They are wonderful. I measured the apple after I chopped it. These muffins turned out wonderful. They were light and very flavorful. I would definitely make again. My batter ended up making 12 standard size muffins, not 6 as the recipe stated."