- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- In a small bowl, combine the apple and sugar; set aside. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the apple mixture, walnuts and raisins.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Reviews for Apple Walnut Muffins
Sort By :
I made these muffins today. They are wonderful. I measured the apple after I chopped it. These muffins turned out wonderful. They were light and very flavorful. I would definitely make again. My batter ended up making 12 standard size muffins, not 6 as the recipe stated.