- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Yield: 6 batches (3 cups mix).
- To prepare muffins: Place 1/2 cup muffin mix in a small bowl. Whisk the milk, yogurt and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use foil liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 2 muffins per batch.
Reviews forApple-Walnut Muffin Mix
"I also liked that these were eggless, since I'm allergic to eggs. The texture was great, and they rose well. I made them with dried cherries and nuts as the other reviewer suggested. They were good but seemed like they needed a little more flavor. I may add some vanilla extract next time."
"I have made these three times! This recipe is great --the best thing is no eggs (my daughter is allergic)! I baked the whole dozen at the same time and used dried cherries and almonds. The second batch had no nuts or dried fruit but 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips! All were delicious, very moist and not crumbly like other non-egg baked goods I have tried."