Apple-Walnut Maple Conserve Recipe
- 12 cups chopped peeled Granny Smith apples (about 6 pounds)
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a stockpot, combine apples, sugars, maple syrup, cinnamon and pie spice; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 20-30 minutes or until apples are tender and mixture is slightly thickened. Stir in walnuts. Return to a boil; cook and stir 5 minutes longer.
- Carefully ladle hot mixture into 11 hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 11 half-pints.
Reviews for Apple-Walnut Maple Conserve
Sort By :
I made this with dark brown sugar so it's a lot darker than the picture - and it still seemed a little watery when I put it in he jars. Just finished the canning so I hope it sets up well. Was sticky in pan after it cooled a little so maybe it will thicken.