Apple Walnut Crescents
"A local apple orchard had a cook-off I wanted to enter, so I created these golden cinnamon treats," says Karen Petzold of Vassar, Michigan. They're a snap to assemble with convenient crescent roll dough.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins, optional
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into 16 triangles. Combine
- sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon on each triangle.
- Place an apple quarter near the short side and roll up. Place in a
- lightly greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Press walnuts and raisins if desired into top of dough. Drizzle with
- butter. Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 375°
- for 20-24 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16
Nutritional Facts: 1 crescent equals 177 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.