Apple Walnut Crescents Recipe
"A local apple orchard had a cook-off I wanted to enter, so I created these golden cinnamon treats," says Karen Petzold of Vassar, Michigan. They're a snap to assemble with convenient crescent roll dough.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins, optional
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into 16 triangles. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon on each triangle. Place an apple quarter near the short side and roll up. Place in a lightly greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- 2. Press walnuts and raisins if desired into top of dough. Drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon-sugar. Bake 20-24 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
1 crescent equals 177 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC