"A local apple orchard had a cook-off I wanted to enter, so I created these golden cinnamon treats," says Karen Petzold of Vassar, Michigan. They're a snap to assemble with convenient crescent roll dough.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins, optional
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into 16 triangles. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon on each triangle. Place an apple quarter near the short side and roll up. Place in a lightly greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Press walnuts and raisins if desired into top of dough. Drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon-sugar. Bake 20-24 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Apple Walnut Crescents in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p12
Reviews for Apple Walnut Crescents
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review