Apple Walnut Cake Recipe
This moist cake is perfect for brunch. It gets its appeal from big chunks of sweet apples, nutty flavor and creamy frosting. The recipe, originally my mom's, is a unique harvest treat.
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups chopped unpeeled apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (3 ounce each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs. Add oil and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to sugar mixture, mixing well. Stir in apples and walnuts. Pour into a greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. For frosting, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a bowl. Gradually add confectioners' sugar until the frosting has reached desired spreading consistency. Frost cooled cake. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 283 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 281 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Apple Walnut Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC