- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups diced unpeeled apples
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; mix into the batter. Fold in apples and nuts.
- Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool.
- For the frosting, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Whip until smooth and spread over cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Apple Walnut Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Sort By :
Love this cake! It is a family favorite, and so easy.
I made this cake last night, without the walnuts, due to allergies, and it turned out great anyway. I couldn't imagine even putting frosting on this tasty and super moist cake. Maybe if I had put the walnuts in, I would have wanted it with frosting? Anyway, very good recipe, though it didn't look anything like the picture when it was done.
I had an abundance of apples and couldn't find my 'tried and true' recipe for apple cake, so I baked this one. It sunk in the middle but tasted delicious! I brought it in to work to share with my office and they loved it! I cheated and used Pillsbury Cream Cheese Frosting, but that's the only thing I did differently. Very yummy!