- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups diced unpeeled apples
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; mix into the batter. Fold in apples and nuts.
- Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool.
- For the frosting, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Whip until smooth and spread over cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Apple Walnut Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Sort By :
"Love this cake! It is a family favorite, and so easy."
"I made this cake last night, without the walnuts, due to allergies, and it turned out great anyway. I couldn't imagine even putting frosting on this tasty and super moist cake. Maybe if I had put the walnuts in, I would have wanted it with frosting? Anyway, very good recipe, though it didn't look anything like the picture when it was done."
"I had an abundance of apples and couldn't find my 'tried and true' recipe for apple cake, so I baked this one. It sunk in the middle but tasted delicious! I brought it in to work to share with my office and they loved it! I cheated and used Pillsbury Cream Cheese Frosting, but that's the only thing I did differently. Very yummy!"