Apple Walnut Cabbage Slaw
For a new twist on salad, I combined two of my favoritescoleslaw and Waldorf saladto come up this salad. Try substituting broccoli slaw for the cabbage and add shredded carrots and seedless grapes.Linda Hess, Chilliwack, British Columbia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 medium unpeeled apple, diced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, toss apple with lemon juice. Add remaining ingredients and
- toss to coat. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 174 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.