My mom taught me how to make these moist, tasty muffins. The recipe makes a big batch, so you can freeze the extras or share with co-workers, family or friends.—Kelly Kirby, Westville, Nova Scotia
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups All-Bran
- 2 cups shredded peeled tart apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the milk, eggs, brown sugar, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in remaining ingredients.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Apple Bran Muffins in Taste of Home August/September 2010, p85
Reviews for Apple Walnut Bran Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review