Apple Walnut Bran Muffins Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups All-Bran
- 2 cups shredded peeled tart apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the milk, eggs, brown sugar, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in remaining ingredients.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 220 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Apple Walnut Bran Muffins
"These are good. The bran makes them more dense than regular muffin recipes. I don't like muffins that are sweet like cupcakes but these are not sweet at all. I would use a whole cup of brown sugar next time or maybe put a brown sugar glaze on them."
"I got 30 regular size muffins out of this recipe. Very tasty and easy to make. I added the cereal to the wet ingredients while I shredded the apples, turned out great."
"Try Rum flavoring instead of Vanilla. Very good."
"These are really good made with Fiber One too, also Raisin Bran!"
"Very, very good! I soaked 3 cups of Raisin Bran cereal in the combined wet ingredients for a few minutes before adding the remaining dry ingredients. Extra raisin-y ... Extra yummy!"
"These sound so good. Could Raisin Bran be used??"
"This is an extremely easy recipe without any of what my mother referred to as "fancy ingredients". Most everyone has the majority of these ingredients on their cupboard shelf.Another post asked if the All Bran was the cereal or something else. Yes, the name is in capital letters and it is All Bran cereal."
"Thanks juicyfruit007, I wonder if bran flakes would work and thanks to you now I know."
"My family ate these up! My only complaint now is seeing that there are 9 grams of fat in each muffin? That seems a little high for what I thought was a pretty healthy breakfast. Maybe I'll replace the canola oil with something lighter?"
"I have made this recipe several times now. They are pretty good, though a bit "healthy" tasting. I use bran flakes, crunching them down into the measuring cup, and that has worked just fine."
"I made these without nuts or raisins and they were still delicious! I'm going to make some more for the freezer!"
"I used original ALl-Bran cereal too. These are wonderful! I alsoused egg substitute and used applesauce in place of the oil. Will make again and again!"
"I used all bran cereal. These muffins are great. I have made them several times."
"recipe is not very clear is that all bran or allbran cereal"